Senokot is a reliably effective laxative made with natural senna treated especially to yield a constant amount of active ingredient in each dose, to give predictable relief from occasional or non-persistent constipation.
- Gentle effective constipation relief
- Works in 8-12 hours
- Predictable relief
- Helps restore your natural rhythm
- Contains natural rhythm
Adults and children over the age of 6 years.
Product Information Leaflet
HOW TO USE
Please read the product information before use.
Senokot Tablets are for oral adminstration.
Adults and children over 12: Take 2 tablets at night (Do not take more than 2 tablets in any 24 hour period).
Children 6 and over: consult your doctor.
Not recommended for children under 6.
Senokot usually acts within 8-12 hours. Dose can be repeated on a daily basis until bowel action is restored, but if there is no bowel movement within three days of use, consult your doctor.
Consult your doctor if:
- laxatives are needed every day, or abdominal pain persists.
- you accidently take too many tablets.
- if you have been told that you have an intolerance to some sugars.
Do not take if:
- your abdomen is tender to the touch or hurts when you move.
- you have sharp or persistent stomach pain.
You may experience temporary mild stomach pains. If you have these or any other symptoms after taking this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
- If laxatives are required daily or if you have persistent abdominal pain or change of bowel habits consult your doctor.
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.