A laxative made with natural senna treated especially to yield a constant amount of active ingredient in each dose, to give predictable relief from occasional or non-persistent constipation.
Adults and children 12 years and over.
Senokot Max Strenght
HOW TO USE
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: swallow one tablet at night.
Children aged 12 years and under: Not recommended.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
Duration of use
Normally it is sufficient to take this medicinal product up to two to three times a week.
Use for more than 1-2 weeks requires medical supervision.
Tell a doctor, pharmacist or nurse if:
- the symptions worsen, or persist during the use of the medicinal product.
- there is no bowel movement within 3 days of use.
- you need to take laxatives everyday if abdominal pain persists.
If laxatives are required daily or if you have persistent abdominal pain or change of bowel habits consult your doctor.
Always read the product information before taking this medicine
- If laxatives are required daily or if you have persistent abdominal pain or change of bowel habits consult your doctor. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition are taking any other medication or complementary therapy or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you suffer from allergies.
It may be harmful to take too much of this medicine or take it for too long. This is because it may lead to:
- A 'lazy bowel', where the muscle in the bowel becomes too relaxed. This means that bowel emptying happens less often. This can lead to long-term constipation.
- Imbalance of fluids and salts in the body. This can affect the tightness of muscles such as those in the bowel. It can also affect the salts in the blood.
- Low levels of potassium in the blood (called hypo-kalaemia). This can make you tired, dizzy, make yout muscles weak and cause an ueven heart-beat.
- Dehydration, making you thirsty, feel faint and giving you headaches. It can also mean that you cannot pass enough urine.