A.Vogel Prontosan Saw Palmetto Capsules
- Treatment of symptoms an of enlarged prostate (BPH)
- Extract of Saw Palmetto berries
- Convenient to use – one capsule per day
- Taken just once a day, Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules is a convenient and effective licensed herbal remedy containing extracts of Saw Palmetto berries, used for the relief of urinary symptoms arising from an enlarged prostate in men with a confirmed diagnosis of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) - a common condition in men over 50.
Dosage of Prostasan®
Prostasan® Saw Palmetto is a remedy for use in men over 18 years of age (including the elderly) who have been diagnosed by their doctors as having BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) also known as an enlarged prostate.
Dosage of Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules is one capsule daily with food.
Do not chew the capsule.
Refer to your doctor before stopping any prescribed medicine.
Prostasan® contains an extract of Saw Palmetto berries rich in oil. These are harvested from Saw Palmetto plants grown to the north of the Everglades in Florida without the use of artificial fertilisers, insecticides or fungicides.
Each Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsule contains 320mg of herbal extract (as soft extract) from Saw Palmetto fruit (or berries).
Other ingredients include gelatin, glycerol, sorbitol, iron oxide (red, black and yellow) and purified water.
Minor side effects
The following minor side effects can occur when using this product.
These are likely to affect less than 1 in every 1,000 people.
- Stomach discomfort
- Allergic reactions such as skin rashes
Discontinue use if you find these are troubling you.
If you are concerned about any side effect, if a side effect becomes serious or if you notice a side effect not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor, pharmacist or healthcare practitioner.
Remember to see your doctor if:
- Your symptoms of urinary discomfort worsen
- You have blood in your urine
- You have a fever
1. Who shouldn’t use Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules?
Do not use Saw Palmetto if you are under 18 years of age, if you have a known hypersensitivity to Saw Palmetto berries (or herb) or any of the other ingredients used in Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules.
2. Can Prostasan Saw Palmetto be taken with other medicines?
As with all Saw Palmetto products, if you are already taking medication for an enlarged prostate, talk to your doctor before using Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules as it may not be suitable for you. You may use Saw Palmetto products with other medicines. Contact usif in doubt.
3. Why is it in a gelatine capsule?
Prostasan® contains an extract of Saw Palmetto berries rich in oil. A vegetarian capsule would not be a suitable environment for preserving the Saw Palmetto oil.
4. Why must I have a diagnosis of BPH confirmed by my doctor before starting treatment with Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules?
This is to exclude the possibility of a more serious prostate condition such as prostate cancer.Although prostate cancer is a much rarer condition, it becomes more common with increasing age, just as with an enlarged prostate.
5. Can I take Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules long term?
You may use Prostasan® Saw Palmetto capsules as long as you need the treatment. However, as with other Saw Palmetto products, seek medical advice if your symptoms worsen or are accompanied by fever or if you find blood in your urine